I would like to take a moment to complain. I chose to do it here because everyone who lives with me has left the house and gone on with their day, except for the 2 year old, who keeps bringing me plastic tomatoes and ice cream to help me "feel better."
So far it's not working.
And neither is the medicine I took.
But that's to be expected I guess, since in my present condition, I cannot take the GOOD, strong stuff. You know, the liquid that completely knocks you out while you sleep off the horrid thing that has invaded your body.
My head is pounding.
My eyes hurt.
My nose is stuffed up, though I can't figure out what exactly is stuffing it up, because it's been runnning constantly since last night. Which has caused my left nostril to be the color of the previously mentioned tomato.
I had no sleep last night, so I'm more exhausted than normal.
Whine, whine, whine.
And so far today, I've laid on the couch in misery, cuddling closely to my box of Puffs Plus (with Aloe) and my blankie, listening to way too many episodes of Dora and other kiddie shows.
I may have caught "the man cold."
In a moment, I must go to the pick up line and retrieve a child. And then I will resume my position on the couch and dream about large doses of Nyquil that I can't take for another 4 months.
Sigh.
5 comments:
I spent $105 on medicine Tues. for this stuff... and that was AFTER insurance! I'm also on the couch, but Morgan has been watching Backyardigans for 2 days straight... glad I'm not the only one! Hope you feel better soon!
OH NO! I am so sorry. No fun to be sick with a cold when with child. :( I'll pray for a speedy recovery...maybe in time for a get-together this weekend!! :)
Oh man (cold)! I'm sorry. Everyone is sick right now. It's definately going around. HUGS! (& a little Lysol spritz of the computer screen, too)
I'm so sorry that you're sick. Not to even mention not being able to take Nyquil! I hope you feel much better soon!!
p.s....I love the header photo!
oh I'm horrible! when I said, "glad I'm not the only one" I didn't mean, "glad you're sick too". I meant "glad I'm not the only one trading cartoons for quiet couch time". I hope you get better soon! :O)
Post a Comment