Monday, January 21, 2008

Party Time

Recently, we celebrated a birthday at our house.
For her sixth birthday party, she wanted a "Space" theme. Great. I searched everywhere for outer space things and really had trouble finding anything for a little girl birthday party. I ended up making invitations and happening upon a clearance sale where I found some stickers and iron-ons of planets and stars. Whew. You know it couldn't just be something simple, like Scooby Doo, that already has prepackaged party goods. Oh no. Not for this girl. Last year she had trouble deciding between Spiderman and Cars for her theme. I'm still not sure where she came up with Space, but with the black and silver decorations, and even a space t-shirt, it turned out pretty cute.

There was Space cup crafting.....

There were out of this world presents...

There was a rocket cake......

There was dancing......

And there were some random cheerleading stunts....

Big fun. :)

Happy Birthday, sweet girl.

4 comments:

Amy said...

seriously... I just finished my post, clicked over to see if you'd written anything today, and... are we thinking alike? Got any creative ideas for Morgan?

Fun With Five said...

It was a lot of fun! :) You sure know how to throw a party!

Ivymamma said...

What a creative mom you are! I love it when the kids just know that mom can do anything, like come up with the Batman-sour-sleepover party my son wanted for his fifth birthday! Result: batman decorations, sour candies for treats, and one friend to sleepover!

Love the safari room!!!!

terri said...

Jenn....That's HER room. She wanted a jungle room, so she could pretend she was Tarzan. Yep. She's her own little person. :)