Friday, January 11, 2008

Still Insane Over Here

We have discovered that my oldest child, who happens to be 7, going on 18, has a breathing problem. Now, don’t worry, it’s nothing that really affects her health. Directly anyway. You see, she has a huffing and puffing issue. It always occurs when we ask her to do something she really doesn’t care to do, or when we say the always dreaded, “No.” It’s getting pretty serious because the breathing thing makes her eyes roll and sometimes makes her voice turn ugly and say things like, “Whatever”, and ,”Oh brother.”
I keep telling her that breathing problem needs to be dealt with. You know, we could take her to the hospital for shots and what not. Her daddy has some other suggestions on how it could be handled. I like his thinking.
While that issue is being taken care of at one end of the house, potty training is in full swing on the other end. She’s getting the hang of it, slowly but surely. But I did find her yesterday, completely naked on the potty, with her Elmo panties on her head. She’s got some issues, too.
Don’t we all.