Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

I recently celebrated a birthday.

My six year old informed me that "just because I'm 34, does NOT mean that she has to do everything for me now".

Umm......O.K. I'm 34, not 94.

I received some special phone calls, gifts, and lunch and dinner on the big day. We even got to go on our annual little get-out-of-town birthday weekend, full of shopping and eating out. My kind of weekend. And of course we had a delicious birthday cake. As if there's another kind.

One of my favorite purchases from the shopping trip:

They are so comfortable, which is big on my list of shoe qualities right now. And very cute. And the fact that they're pink just makes them even better.

My girls picked this book out on their own to give to me. They wrapped it up and were so excited for me to read it.

It is the sweetest little book, if you're pregnant.
(Deedra - you totally have to get you one.)

All in all, it was a good birthday. Fun times. Fun memories.

And that's what it's all about.

6 comments:

Pof5 said...

Happy Birthday to you indeed!!! Hope this year is full of sweet smiles and wild children!

Liz said...

Happy (late) birthday sweetie!

Ivymamma said...

Happy Birthday!

Deedra said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! I love the book! I definitly have to get that one! Your 6 year old is cracking me up with the comments. I guess when your 6, 34 does seem like forever away! You totally have to remind her of this statement someday!!

Amy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday! Love the shoes! We find out this week where we'll be, so if you wouldn't mind keeping us in your prayers :O)

Pof5 said...

Where are you? I hope all is well!