Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Mind is Full

In following these Uganda bloggers on their journey this past week, I have been touched and deeply moved by their stories. By their pictures. By what they have learned, what they have been reminded of, and what they have experienced there. It's been on my mind constantly.

I've thought about it when I've gone into my walk-in closet and feel like I have "nothing to wear."

I've thought about it when I've opened our pantry and seen our giant selection of choices to have for dinner or snack.

I've thought about it when I've piled everyone into our SUV that's not just reliable, but also nice.

I've thought about it when I've walked into each of my girls' rooms and seen their unending supply of clothes and toys.

And it has reminded me of how fortunate we are. How blessed we are. How thankful we constantly should be, but sometimes aren't.

It has called my attention to be more aware of the needs of people and stirred me to wonder how we can help. Not only across the world, but also right here.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you for Morgan's birthday wishes. She told me tonight she doesn't like "threes"... she wants to be 2. And I have to admit, I'll miss 2. When you get a chance, I'd like to ask a question, but for privacy purposes I hate to leave a comment. It's about location. My email is amy_nichole03@hotmail.com ... if you don't mind emailing me so that I can ask.

Deedra said...

Beautifully said, and sadly so very true!