Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Things Around Here

I'm still here.

I am just in the lifewithanewborn zone. Which is wonderful and crazy. I am not really even sure what day it is.

But last night our little guy slept from 11:30 till 5:00 this morning. And so did I. It was refreshing. You know you're in a different place in life when 5 hours of sleep makes you feel like a new woman. For a little while, anyway.
I am glad to say that I am finally recovering from this c-section that came with numerous complications. And just for the record, I don't recommend the complications part. It really slows down the "getting back to normal" phase.
Not that we're normal. I'm just sayin'.
Anyway, our sweet baby boy is doing well and is receiving lots of love from his big sisters. He even endured his first real bath this evening. Though he didn't care for it too much, everyone else enjoyed the show. Poor little guy.
He did chill out a bit after the torture bath when he was able to snuggle in the fluffy duckie towel.

We sure love our new little man!

6 comments:

Fun With Five said...

Way to go Rhet! Good boy...now do it again tonight! :) What a cutie.

Ivymamma said...

Woohoo - five hours - like a mini vacation!!! Hopefully that will continue! He is a beautiful baby!

Kalen said...

Terri Congratulations! What a beautiful boy. I found your site through Mandi's. I enjoyed reading some of your other posts too. You are too funny.

Here's to some sleep for you!!

Pof5 said...

Can I have him? He's adorable! Then again, I'd probably just like to borrow him...I've grown used to the no diaper, spit up, forget about sleep parts. Ha! He's a sweetie for sure! Can't wait to see more pics!

Liz said...

Good job, Rhet! Sleep for SIX hours tonight & mommy will do jumping jacks for you tomorrow. (ok, so maybe she'll watch the girls do jumping jacks...) Love ya girl! I'm glad you're getting some rest!

Deedra said...

He is just a doll! I'll bet he will have all 3 of his sisters wrapped around his little finger very very soon!...if he doesn't already! He won't have to do anything for himself!