I had just fed Little Guy and gotten him back to sleep. I laid him in his bed beside me and glanced at the clock.
It was almost 6:00 a.m. here.
Almost 8:00 in Texas.
And my thoughts shifted to our friends who lost their precious son on Wednesday. Their 3 month old son. Born just a few weeks after ours.
And it occured to me that at the same time as I was watching my son sleep, they were burying theirs.
My heart is breaking for this family.
Breaking.
I could do nothing else but pray for them.
And cry.
Any death, but especially that of a child, is always a shocking reminder to me of how short our earthly lives really are. And how precious each one is. And how screwed up my perspective is a lot of the time.
It's a jarring reminder of how I need to cherish each moment so much more. And be more patient. And more forgiving. And more ready to extend grace.
The list goes on and on.
And so my prayers today are with our friends as they say goodbye to their little sweetheart and continue life without him. And also that God would be evident in me in everything that I do.
3 comments:
Well said. Praying for this family. I can't begin to imagine.
Taken to heart. I will pray for them as well.
I'll just say "Amen" b/c I can only echo everything you said. Does the family have a blog? I can't tell you how much blogging helped me through my grief after losing A&K.
Post a Comment