Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

I wasn't sure exactly what, if anything, we were doing for Halloweeen this year. In fact, I was really starting to feel a bit whiny that we were "missing out" on the Festivals we usually take part in. We didn't even buy new costumes, but instead recycled from our enormous dress up tubs, which worked out well, didn't cost a dime, and made the girls get really creative.
They had a "Monster March" and party at school yesterday, since they were out of school today. Here they are all ready for that....

And tonight, we did a little old fashioned trick-or-treating. It has been YEARS since I've been trick-or-treating. The hubby took the girls last year, while I passed out candy at home. And the years before that, we'd always gone to Fall Festivals on Halloween night.

But tonight, I was assigned the task of taking them through the neighborhood to gather candy. It was SO much fun. It took me back 20 something years, with sweet memories of wearing goofy costumes with those plastic masks with the elastic bands, roaming my street with friends.

We had a great time.




Little Guy stayed home and helped pass out candy with his Daddy. But he still was very festive.
All the way till bedtime.


Happy Halloween!!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

LOVE the Hannah Montana wig. The girls should've used that one when they dressed Rick up last month! LOL

terri said...

I'm surprised you recognized it as the Hannah Montana wig. It looks NOTHING like it did when we bought it. HA