I was actually doing well, busying myself with cooking and Thanksgivingish things. Then I got a sweet phone call. From my family. They passed the phone around, and I got to talk to all of those sweet voices that I haven't heard in way too long. And to top it off, they were at my sister's house. My sister who had a baby earlier in the week. My niece that I haven't yet seen in person or held. So, my emotions got the best of me and I had a few tears. I love my family.
A precious family in our church had invited us to join them for Thanksgiving dinner. And so we did.
They had requested that I bring, the now infamous, Rotel, and whatever else we usually enjoy for Thanksgiving. I took several things, one of which being Sausage Balls. Once again, noone knew what they were. Seriously. Someone even asked me if they were FRIED.
Not everything in Texas is fried, ok? I'll forgive them though, because they ate the cheese.
Just wait till summer. I might bust out and have everyone over for chicken fried steak, french fries, fried pickles and for dessert some fried snickers bars.
Just kidding.
Maybe.
Anyway, we had a great time.
We farkled. We visited. We ate.
Some of us played toys.
Some of us got in the pool and hot tub. Which, by the way, was a first for us in November.
The holidays without all of the family definitely was not the same.But not being the same made room for a new holiday experience that was a good one.
One we are thankful for.
4 dads + 3 moms + 11 kids + 1 dog and 1 cat +TONS of good food= a Very Happy Thanksgiving
6 comments:
It was good to hear your sweet voice too on Turkey Day, we missed you bunches and your Green Bean Casserole. I am thankful for that sweet family to have yall over on that day. Sausage Balls, YUMMY!! I think I may have to make some, you makea me hungry!!! Love you bunches, girlie
Dang it. You made me get all teary, too. Life in ministry is always a new experience. I'm so glad that, for now anyway, God hasn't called us too far from 'home', but I know that He may one day. And we will go! But holidays away from family will sure be hard. Any chance y'all are coming back to Texas for Christmas?
And please, do tell. How does one go about farkling?
Liz...You don't know Farkle???? It's the best dice game EVER. You must learn and play. :)
It sounds like your first holiday "away" wasn't too bad ~ but, what's really got me curious is that bottle of "Liquid Salvation" Miss Bittles is holding ~ interesting ;O).
Terri-nope, I've never played that game. Never even heard of it! Do tell!
MM - water. It's water.
Post a Comment