Flipping the channels, I came across the Extreme Shows. Extreme shopping places. Extreme vacation spots. And extreme roller coasters and thrill rides.
The last one caught my attention because it was showcasing a ride that is about 10 minutes from our house that we had never really paid that close attention to.
I watched in horror as people got on the ride, and ENJOYED it. I was in shock. I had to see it up close.
So we loaded everyone up and drove down to it.
It's called The Stratosphere Tower. It's so tall that you can see it from really far away, though the up close view is pretty cool too.
The top of the tower has two observation decks, a revolving restaurant and three rides, the tallest one standing over 1,000 feet high. Yikes.
One of the rides goes straight up on top of the tower and then bounces you up and down. Another one shoots you out over the side of the top of the tower and stops to pull you back in, just as it seems like you're going to plunge to your death. And the other one is this big arm that holds a few seats. It dangles the seats over the side of the building and then spins them around at 40 MPH. I took this picture from below. Can you see the two rides sticking out in the air? There were PEOPLE in those.
Lord help.
People actually PAY money to ride these things and live to tell about it.
Not me.
No sir.
I can barely handle the Mini-mine train anymore.
I'm hoping my children will not ever want to ride things like this.
I'm hoping my children will not ever want to ride things like this.So far, they were just as interested in the Limo parked beside us in the parking lot.
Now that's my kind of ride.
1 comment:
Hang on. Will anyone in that new homeland of yours know what the mini-mine train is? Do y'all have Six Flags up there? With the same rides?
Look up the rides you've got pictured on Youtube. There are some videos of people on those rides so you can "feel" the ride w/ them! Yikes!!
Post a Comment