The girls were out of school today because their school was used as a voting spot.
By 10:00 a.m., I was ready to take a drive and get out of the house.
So we loaded up and drove.
Right down The Strip.
Just because we could.
It still strikes me at odd times that we actually live here.
The grandparentals had sent "Trick-or-Treat" money last week, and the girls were itching to spend it to get some Webkinz paraphernalia. So, the mall was next on our list.
Miss Bittles got her first ever Webkinz. A pink and white puppy, which she promptly named Bluis, and calls her "Blue" for short.
After our shopping adventure, I had a few more errands before heading home. But as luck would have it, I got on the wrong road and got lost. The baby was crying, the two big girls were arguing, and Miss Bittles was making Bluis sing really loud songs about being pink. And my cell phone died.
It was really fun.
I somehow found my way back to familiar roads and looked at the clock. It was 5:30, and getting way too close to the beginning stages of dinner preparation/homework/bath/crazy bedtime ritual. Time panic set in and I decided that the errands would have to wait until tomorrow.
We wheeled in the driveway, unloaded everyone, and went inside.
As I sat in my rocking chair to feed Little Guy, I glanced up at the clock on the wall. It was only 4:40.
Hmmmm.........
SCORE.
I apparently had forgotten to set my watch AND the car clock back an hour this weekend. The entire day, I was living in different time.
In my goofiness, I actually put a whole extra hour in my evening.
Which I definitely needed.
1 comment:
OH My Goodness!!! I am just imaging all the funness you encountered. My clock in the bedroom finally got changed. hee hee! Hope your day is great. Love ya
Post a Comment