You know you're tired when you are rocking a baby to sleep at 8:00 and YOU fall asleep before the baby does. Right in the rocking chair. Not that anything like that happened here or anything. I'm just sayin'.
Truth be told, I haven't slept in 8 years, 7 months, 19 days, 5 hours and 37 minutes. Give or take. Not the real kind of sleep anyway. The kind where you lay down and sleep, undisturbed, for as long as you want. As long as you need. And when you wake up, you continue laying there, in your heat pocket, until you are ready to get up. Just because you can.
Ahhh......those were the days.
Now days I do well to get in five hours of sleep. If I'm lucky. And please note that is NOT five hours straight. That's just piecing it all together.
And since there is scientific evidence that you lose brain cells when you aren't getting adequate sleep, I now have a real excuse for the craziness that is my world.
Finally.
2 comments:
WHAT??? YOU FELL ASLEEP!!! LOL!!! Hee hee!!!! Heres wishing you a full nights rest. How did the kids Christmas program go today? The Christmas Program at our church today that the Choir presented was absolutely amazing. I was so moved by it and not just me,you could hear sniffles all over the santuary. Have a great week. Love ya
sleep. aaaahhhh. what is that? mothers will never know. maybe one day when we're old and gray. but probably not then either. haha
Post a Comment