Friday, January 30, 2009

Full

My mind and heart have been full this week. Some in good ways, others not.
I have a friend who is crushed because she is wanting to have another child so badly, yet has been told that it is not wise for her to try. And another friend who thought she'd never conceive just found out she's expecting.
I have a friend who is hurting over a broken relationship in her life. And another who is excitedly planning a wedding to the man of her dreams.
I have a friend who is my age, and a mother of four young children and just began the battle for her life against cancer. And another who just found out that the suspicious place she had worried about was absolutely benign.
Each one of these friends is praising God in the midst of her situation. In different ways, of course, but still finding ways to bring Him glory, whether or not the place they find themselves is a place they want to be. It both encourages me and challenges me to search for God in all things.
All things.
Life is weird.
It's full of twists and turns. Some taken on purpose. Some of them thrown at us when we least expect it.
A friend of mine put on her facebook status, not long ago, a quote from Joni Erikson Tada:
"Sometimes God allows what He hates, to accomplish what He loves."
And I can't quit thinking about it.
He's there.
He's moving.
In everything.

2 comments:

Ivymamma said...

He is so amazing! I'm glad He is in control and not me!!!!

Deedra said...

That quote sounds so much like a quote from a book I am reading & doing a book club about. Spectacular Sins-And their global purpose in the glory of Christ.

The book is only about 100 pages but my goodness does it make me think!

It sure isn't always easy to remember when it's happening to us, especially when it's so bad, that everything is for His glory.