Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The *C-30-30*

We needed something to do.
Something healthy.
Something we could do together as a family.
Something that wasn't expensive.
So we challenged ourselves to walk together ...
30 miles in 30 days.

Don't think for a second that the children immediately jumped on the idea. I had to sell it in a pretty package. :)
They actually looked at me like I was crazy and asked me to repeat myself.
But THEN...they found out there would be a reward when the goal was reached. A reward THEY could chose.

Without hesitation, all three girls asked for a night at a hotel. (they LUV hotels)
I'm always up for a hotel stay, so I agreed to the prize!

They also wanted to give our challenge a cool name.
Thus the "C-30-30."
And not wanting to stop at a name, they also asked to make t-shirts.
They crack me up.

So we're on Day4.
And we've walked 4 miles.
Off to a good start, I'd say.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have so much fun at your house!! The t-shirt idea makes me laugh. Do you have to wear the t-shirt each day of the challenge, or just on Fridays? ;)