My first comment goes out to Paula. HELLO?!?!?! You got something busting out of your too tiny dress. YIKES.
Moving on....
Michael Johns - "Dream On" - Hmmm...... My hubby did not think that the song choice by Aerosmith was very inspirational. Michael had some trouble staying on pitch... "pitchy", if you will, and his falsetto at the end frightened me a bit. Not a good night for Mr. Michael.
Syesha - "I Believe" - For the third week in a row, she made a good song selection for her voice. Those slow songs allow her the chance to bust it on out. But maybe next week, she should pick one that is by a nobody, so she won't be compared to the original artist.
JASON - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" - from the movie "50 first dates", which I love. Uh-huh. He rocked. Again. He totally nailed his falsetto there in the middle. Perfect song for him.
Kristy Lee Cook - "Anyway" - Other than her stiff left arm and her crooked pose, she did a great job. Finally. In fact, I think this might have been her best to date. That song was a just right for her countrified voice.
David Cook - "Innocent" - Easy with the teasing comb, buddy. He's completely back to creepy this week. And whose voice was he using at the beginning of the song? It reminded me of "Closer Clariece....Closer to the Lambs..." He's lost his groove from the last few weeks.
Carly - "Show Must Go On" - I agree with Simon's comments to her - she "oversang that song, to the point of sounding angry." Almost sounded like she was shouting at times, instead of singing. And though her hair was nice and shiny again, her man pants did nothing for her.
David Archuleta - "Angels" - I like when he plays the piano - he's very talented. But tonight was not as outstanding as he has shown in the past. It was just ok.
Brooke - "You've Got A Friend" - I thought she was kindof boring tonight.
And what was up with Simon? He was unusually cheery this evening, with many nice comments and even several smiles. Whoa. That's the fun Simon - he should be there more often.
Best of the Night: Jason Castro. Duh.
Worst of the Night: It's a toss-up between Carly and David Cook
I am so looking forward to tomorrow's "Idol Gives Back." Last year's was really moving.
for more Idol reviews, click on over to Boomama
5 comments:
Oh my gosh, I totally agree with the voice comment on David Cook! I was thinking, is it just me, or he is sounding quite strange? Loved your AI commentary! :)
I agree about paulas dress! Wow
Simon was smiley wans't he, and randy was the jerk
mines up
Good commentary! I think we are pretty much in agreement with the performances last night. I love Jason Castro too. I want to adopt him.
Go Jason!
Yes, a very un-inspirational night. Here's hoping next week will be better!
aggy lovers! I like Jason a lot as well. Love reading your blog.
Brian A
Post a Comment