Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Idol Review

Tonight was Dolly Parton Night~
I like Dolly Parton. She has always had a really genuine vibe about her personality. I remember her well in the movie "9 to 5", which my sisters and I watched over and over until the video tape finally wore out. My girls know her as "Aunt Dolly" from Hannah Montana. How times change.

So, here's my thoughts on tonight's show......

Brooke White - "Jolene" - It is no secret that she's not in my top favs, but I do think she did a good job tonight. She sang out strong and looked like she was enjoying herself. A fun performance. More confident than in weeks past. Nice job on the guitar, too.

David Cook - "Little Sparrow" - Ok, He did a good job. Still creeps me out a little, but I do like the fact that he's not peering through his greasy hair anymore. Not as good as last week, but I think he'll stay in.

Ramiele Malubay - "Do I Ever Cross Your Mind?" - What crossed my mind was that she really doesn't need to dance during her performances. Yikes. My hubby is still rooting for her, you know, being "related" and all, but I feel like she's on a downward spiral.

Jason Castro - "Travelin Through" - Oh my. As always, he did a great job. I do think this was a perfecto song choice for him, and he looked really comfortable with that funky beat. Did I mention that he's my favorite?

Carly Smithson - "Here You Come Again" She is doing better each week, I think. And looking more natural up there. But I do have to agree with Simon tonight on her wardrobe selctions. Not very flattering. Her hair, however, looked great!

David Archuleta - "Smokey Mountain Memories" - This song made me think of "Desperado." It was definitely a great song choice for little David. The past few weeks, I have been thinking he has looked a little out of place compared to the others. But tonight, he was right on track and wailed out. In a good way. :)

Kristy Lee Cook - "Coat of Many Colors" - Boring. The hubby called her eyelashes "glittery and tarantula-like." That's really all I have to say about her.

Syesha Mercado - "I Will Always Love You" - My Miss Priss took notice of Syesha's weekly scarf choice. She's down with the neck wraps. Syesha really showed off her lung power on that song tonight. I think that type of song really is the best for her. And I liked her in yellow. But not on top of the piano.

Michael Johns - "It's All Wrong" - Hmmm.......He can sing ok, but his expression was what was all wrong. He looked horribly uncomfortable tonight. The squenchy eyes made him a bit hard to watch. But I do like his accent.

Should Go Home: Ramiele or Kristy Lee Cook

for more interesting Idol remarks, click on over and visit Boomama

4 comments:

Sara said...

Dont Like Brooke!?! lol it's okay we don't have to all love her I know. Just teasin. I'm totally with you on who should go home.

Come Check Out Mine Please

I can't find my blog said...

I love Jason, too! (Did I say that last week here, too? On well...)

Fun With Five said...

Look at you soundin' like a pro critiquing all of the contestants! I'm gigglin' about your hubby supporting his peeps! :) I love American Idol!

Shannon said...

Hi Terri ... love peeking in on you ... laughing out loud about the fish and totally agree with you about Idol ... don't you just love having an Aggie up there?!?!? :)