So we went to the doctor.
All of us.
Me and four children, two of whom had to get check ups and shots.
We can't do anything the simple way.
We were there for over two hours. Two hours with four children in a small 10x10 room. And it didn't even have padded walls.
It did have a corner, though, which we used several times for much needed time outs.
Miss Bittles fell off of the examination table and hurt her leg. And she wasn't even a patient. She was just climbing. She also pulled out the entire lining from the outer portion of her flip flop. I'm not even sure the gorilla glue can fix it.
Miss Demeanor visited the above mentioned corner. Numerous times. For numerous offenses. She was determined that we were not in the same room as last week's visit, because our gum wrappers were not in the trash can.
Miss Priss got shots. She really surprised me with her bravery. There were no tears or loud cries and she didn't even hide from the nurse. There was the drama later, however, of "No one is allowed to touch my sore arm. I'm not even sure I can swim now. Whoas me. I'm the oldest. Blah, blah, blah."
And Little Guy got shots, too. He only cried for a second and then recovered when wrapped up in his sports blankie and given his pacification. He's such a good boy.
But we survived, thank goodness, and we don't have to return for at least two months.
And for our suffering, we were rewarded with grape suckers that were partially eaten and then stuck to the floor of the car.
But that's another story for another day.
3 comments:
I can relate. I have a theory about this, though. No matter what the count of people in the lobby, there is a direct correlation between the number of children present for the visit and the amount of time you'll spend waiting once taken to the exam room. The same goes for the waiting time & how many times your child has thrown up in the past 24 hours.
Wow!
Again,... you are my hero!
You deserve a medal!!! Way to go - going in with four kids and coming out with four kids! :-)
Post a Comment