I have discovered that I like being a West Coastish kindof girl. It is definitely a huge change from East Texas, but a good one. A much needed one.
The hubby started his new job a few weeks ago and loves it. Another nice change. It's fun to see him excited about going to work every morning. He's back at doing what he loves, and we are so thankful for this opportunity.
And the people here at our new church have completely welcomed us with open arms. And lots of food. And lots of swimming. Which is good, since it's 112 degrees most days.
The girls have already made some sweet little friends, and are excited about school starting soon. Their school is just across the street from our neighborhood, so we can walk to school. I've always thought that would be such fun. We'll see.
And I've made some fun friends too. Even went to a pedicure date with a few of them. And had a great time. We all got the same pretty color and flowers on our toes. Because we're cool like that.
Yep. I could get used to this. :)
3 comments:
I'm so glad it has been a good move! The unpacking takes time - it's kind of like opening Christmas presents. Sometimes you don't know what's in the box!
Are you not homeschooling this year?
Hooray for a good start! I am so happy to hear that! Oh, and I walked to school in elementary school (in Albuquerque), and it was awfully neat, and something we can't imagine in East Texas! Update soon!
Oh wow! Looks like you're getting settled. I totally miss you & will miss seeing one of your little ones next door to my classroom this year...or another of your little ones in Samuel's room at school. But I'm glad you're doing well! Lots of hugs!!!!
Post a Comment