It's one o'clock in the a.m.
I just finished making a poster-sized cowboy, frosting a cake, and preparing numerous games and things for a certain 6 (almost 7) year old's birthday party that will take place at my house in just a few hours.
I should be sleeping, but I am way past my window of sleepiness and have entered the wired phase. No one else is awake. Thus leading me to my laptop.
In our family, we begin in January, and have birthdays every month all the way through the end of June, which includes our anniversary. It's crazy. And this is the first "kid" birthday party that we will have here. With not a single extended family member. And it's really weird. And it made me so sad to not send the cute little cowgirl invitations out to our cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.
Perhaps that's why I agreed to let her invite her WHOLE class to her party. Let's just call it temporary insanity, though deep down I know that the insanity is far from temporary. And if you read this blog with any regularity, you know it too.
Anyway, I really agreed thinking that only a few of them would actually be able to come and with a handful of friends from church, we'd have just the right sized crowd.
As of right now, I have received 11 "yes" phone calls from her classmates, and she tells me that two more assured her they'd be coming. Plus 8 other friends. Plus parents and a few siblings. Plus my own children.
Suddenly I'm feeling tired.
Maybe I should go catch what little rest I can before the sun rises and all of the little people who live here wake up and realize it's party day.
It's gonna be a blast.
1 comment:
I can't wait to see the pictures & hear how it went!!! Happy Birthday, sweetie!
Post a Comment