Thursday, February 19, 2009

Anty, Part 2

So, roughly 11 minutes after I hit "post" on my story about Anty, I looked down in the cup to check on him.
It wasn't good.
I called in his "momma" to check on him, and we watched together as he laid on his back and kicked his little tiny ant legs as hard as he could. "He's not looking so good," I said.
With much emotion, she said, "Aww......poor little guy...."
Then, before our very eyes, he shriveled up and ceased all movement.
I waited for the tears.
I waited for the wailing.
But instead, I got her matter of fact, "Well....should I just go dump him in the yard?"
Realizing after a moment that she thought he was still alive, I said, "Yes. I think it's his only chance of survival."
She nodded, said her goodbyes, and dumped him in the yard.
And then, as if nothing of significance had occurred, she grabbed her snack, ran back outside, and climbed up our tree.
Perhaps today, she'll bring home another creature that we can deliver to its death.
One can only hope.

1 comment:

Pof5 said...

OMG. I laughed sooooo hard...i'm in pain.