Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Anty

I am babysitting right now.
I am watching an ant.
A small, black, icky ant.
An ant that my first grader brought home from school today. In her water bottle.
Her friend caught the ant on the playground and gave it to her, and they vowed together to care for him and love him forever.
His name is Anty, and he's living in a Red Robin plastic cup with a green lid. It's a lovely home.
He was given a few goldfish cracker crumbs for his snack just before I assumed my role as the sitter.
I hope he enjoys the crumbs.
It's probably his last meal.

3 comments:

Ivymamma said...

Are you getting paid for your role in this?

That was funny! I lughed hard enough that my hubby had to ask.

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny to see the things we learn to 'love,' just because THEY love it?? I had a cup of doodlebugs in my kitchen for a day or two, myself...I caught myself being sad when they died...just becuase my kiddo was sad. :) Over BUGS...who wouldda thought?

Anonymous said...

Poor Anty.