I am reading a book titled "Effective Parenting in a Defective World," by Chip Ingram.
So far, it's one of the best parenting books I have ever read. Ever.
Some things I am reading in it are truths that I already know, but haven't been doing such a good job implementing them in real life. So they have been great reminders to me of what I need to work on. And some are new concepts for me, which have been so helpful to learn about. And other concepts are things that I have felt for a while, but didn't know exactly how to put into words.
And I'm only on Chapter 3.
The theme that has been embedded in my mind and heart is that "Character is always more caught than taught." And I couldn't agree more.
And then I read this post. And it was everything that I've been thinking about lately. And it was good.
Go read it.
1 comment:
Terri,
I came here today to "catch" up with you and your family, and I'm so glad I did go back and read all your posts. I also read the post from the blog you suggested and OMGosh, did that hit home. I'm actually heading out the door to get the book you are reading. Everyday, when I'm failing, I just want a good book to "TEACH" me how to do it the right way, Oh, if only it were easy huh? But Thank God for the encouragement and referrals of friends :) Let me know of other good parenting books you know of.
Hope all is well. School starts for us next Monday too, and I'm not ready!!!!!!!
Take care,
Audra
Post a Comment