We went to K-Mart today.
Honestly, I can't even remember the last time I was in one. It's been years. And if I was really honest, I would admit hiding in the backseat when I was a teenager when my dad pulled up for a K-Mart shopping trip. But those days are loooooong gone.
And I didn't even plan on going this time.
I'm trying to "re-do" our bedroom. And I use the word "re-do" lightly, since we are renting right now and can't "DO" a whole lot in there. But we made the decision to stay a bit longer in this house, and I don't think I can survive another year of the floor to ceiling floral art on my bedroom wall.
So, I'm covering it up.
And I need to do it inexpensively, since we are on the Dave Ramsey plan.
So.......I thought it might be fun to go Trading Spaces style and use something long to hang from the ceiling to cover the flowers.
Maybe a curtain, or sheet, or something.
We had just left Home Depot, and I spotted a K-Mart, so we pulled in to take a look at what might work.
And I found something that may hit the jackpot, Vegas-ly speaking of course. And hopefully, I can get my project underway this weekend! Right, honey????
It dawned on me while we were there that my kids had never been. And they LOVED it! Maybe a little too much.
I just loved the fact that I found what I needed for a VERY CHEAP price, and the store was all but empty during our shopping experience.
We even found Cheese Nips, which I thought they had quit making, and the new Cookie Crisp cereal. With sprinkles.
We'll definitely be going back. K-Mart was good to me.
2 comments:
Ya gotta love a good bargain!!!
I used to hide at K-Mart too and refuse to go in...this summer there was a K-Mart commercial on TV and my 2nd child said "ooh, I want to go there for my school clothes" I thought my dad was going to fall out of the chair laughing! He thought it was hilarious that *I* had a child that WANTED to go to K-Mart!
Post a Comment