We were out running errands today. Winding down the end of our outing, everyone, including me, was getting hungry and thirsty. So we stopped to get pick up a quick bite.
It's always nice when we are in the car and ALL FOUR offspring are eating and drinking. Because it provides a few QUIET moments, which we don't have very often during the waking hours.
Since their mouths were full, and no one could yell out what song to play on what CD, I had full control of the music and turned on some soft music from the radio to add to our peacefulness. I heard the beginning of an old song I instantly recognized. The original version of "Awesome God." It took me back to the youth camp days - maybe 9th grade or so. It's funny how music does that to you. I began to think about people I was around during that time, and remembered very vividly doing the "signs" to the song with friends. Good memories of a time that seems like forever ago.
Then I heard from the backseat, "Hey Mom. This song is kinda cool. It sounds like a spy song about Jesus."
And just like that, the deep reminiscing was over.
And the girls started doing spy moves to the music.
And the baby started screaming.
And reality was back in full swing.
2 comments:
Don't you love those 'spiritual' moments... :)
ROFL!!!!!!! Was it your secondborn who said that?
Post a Comment