Thursday, July 16, 2009

Stuff

The last month has been a whirlwind. Fun, crazy, exhausting, exciting, and memorable. All at the same time.
We went to Texas for 3 whole weeks. We've never taken a 3 week trip before. But we had to have plenty of time to get caught up on a years worth of visiting.
We started off the trip with a very special wedding. My flower girl from 13 years ago got married, and our girls were HER flower girls. And my hubby did the ceremony. It was too sweet.
We spent the remainder of our time just catching up with friends and family that we haven't seen in way too long. It was so wonderful to sit with friends and visit while our kids played together like they haven't missed a beat. It was great to have our families hug on us. It was fun to see trees and grass. It was nice to eat at Chick-Fil-A and Andy's. And a real Dairy Queen. And Cheddar's. And Whataburger.
Wait a minute...
Where was I?
Oh yes...When it was time to come home, we brought my mom and step-dad home with us for another week. They babysat for us while the hubby and I got to go on a night away to celebrate our anniversary! Way fun!! We also took them on some Vegas sightseeing, of course, and had a blast.
But it was hard to take them to the airport to go home, knowing that it will be several months before we see them again. The visits are so fun, but the goodbyes are hard.
So, today, we are getting back into the swing of reality again. You know, the fun stuff like laundry, grocery shopping, paying bills, blah, blah, blah...
And maybe one day I'll get caught up on sleep.
Maybe.

3 comments:

Amy B from Bullard said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great trip. I enjoyed being a part of it through all the pictures that you put on facebook. And not wanting to sound repetitive, but wanting to also tell you, YOUR GIRLS ARE BEAUTIFUL! And your son, ahhh, he's just awesome.

Liz said...

I didn't realize y'all had an anniversary to celebrate when you got back! How many years?

Liz said...

Crap, wait.........duh.........13 years. Got that in the first paragraph. I'm a dork. Forgive my blonde-ness.