Sunday, March 16, 2008

Feeling a Little Spacey

A few days ago, we sat and watched our seven year old sing her little heart out at her second grade musical. It was so cute. She has always been a performer of sorts and loves being on stage.
The musical was called "Spaced Out", all about outer space, and Miss Priss was cast as a comet. It was a "make your own costume" event, so she delighted in directing me, the no-sew momma, in the construction of her performance apparel. Thank goodness for Wal-mart, glitter, and fabric paint.
The kids actually did a good job singing, and it was obvious they had worked really hard learning their songs and speaking parts. And even the little kid playing the role of a planet with an unfortunate name held his composure when a grown man in the audience snickered as the kid introduced himself in the microphone by saying, "Hi. I'm Uranus." Hmmm.....you might be a redneck if you laugh outloud at that during your child's musical.Anyway, four out of six grandparents went with us for the event, and we had much fun watching our cute little comet together.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I'm so glad our children can be spaced out together. :)

Pof5 said...

I think I would've had a snickering PDaddy with me on the Uranus comment too. Men!