Tuesday, April 29, 2008

American Idol - Top 5

Ok. Here we are, already to the top 5.
And Neil Diamond Night. Hmmm.........

Jason Castro - "Forever in Blue Jeans" - I thought he did great on this one. He's really in his element when he plays his guitar. And he does have that Jack Johnson vibe that is way cool. His second song, however, "September Morning", was a little boring. I HATE typing that about cute little Jason, but it didn't have any energy to it. He always seems to get the swaying hand people going. They drive me nuts.

David Cook - "I'm Alive" and "All I Really Need is You". As much as it pains me to say this, he actually did great tonight on both songs. He still uses that weirdo fake voice on occasion that he needs to lose, but he picked songs that fit him and it worked.

Brooke White - "I'm a Believer" - Poor Brooke. How has she made it this far? This was so cheesy, and her "Yeah, Yeah" add-ons were a bit screamy. Her second song, "I Am I Said" was a little better, but she just doesn't hold my attention.

David Archuleta - "Sweet Caroline" - When he sang this song, it was the most personality I've seen from him so far. He even smiled and moved around. I think he has the best overall voice, but just not enough personality and spunk. "Coming to America" was a tad dramatic, but still showed off his great voice.

Syesha Mercado - "Hello Again" - Her hair looked pretty. She definitely does the best on her slow songs. "Thank the Lord for the Nighttime" - This was a fun song for her. She looked a little old fashioned and I didn't care for her clapping thing, but she sounded ok and was enjoying herself. My hubby thinks she'd make a much better actor than singer. And can someone get the girl some shoes??? At least she didn't sit on the piano this week.

And should we address Paula? Last week, I stated that she seemed abnormally sober. But this week, she swung way back to the other side. I felt so sorry for Jason when she was giving input on his second song before he sang it. And Randy had to stop her. She would definitely qualify for an Intervention on A&E.

Top of the Night: David Cook

Most Likely Going Home: Brooke

for more Idol reviews, click over to BooMama

7 comments:

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

OK, how funny. I missed the first half hour, but I thought Paula seemed actually sober tonight. I must have missed her slurring and wackiness.

And your picture in your header is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your two cents!

Pajama Mama said...

David's weirdo fake voice? That's funny! I will say I've not noticed...but I will pay attention from now on.

I saw on your side bar that you're almost due!!!!! Bless your heart! I hope all goes well with the delivery. I know you're excited about a baby boy.

Blessings, Jeannie

ohAmanda said...

LOL @ Paula on needing an intervention!

Fun With Five said...

Oh. My. Gosh. What's up with "Pauler" (that's what B calls her when he's trying to imitate Simon). And gross, Seyesha...put on some shoes.
:) hee hee!

Tammy said...

Exactly! Paula needs an A&E Intervention. How many votes do we need to make that happen?

My vote is on David Cook!

Ivymamma said...

I promise I didn't read your blog before I posted...too funny!!!