Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Beauty from Ashes, er...Rodents

I received these today.I'd like to say that someone was thinking of me and my pitiful state of last days of pregnancy and wanted to brighten my day. But that would be a lie.

They're actually from my sweet little neighbor, who knocked on our front door at 7:20 this morning, all shaken up because her dog had killed a huge rat and left it for her in her yard. She needed assistance because, well, she doesn't like dead rats. They make her "want to wretch", she said. I think that's a fancy way to say "throw up".

But anyway, with pleading eyes, she asked me to send my husband over to help her out. So I sent him. And for his trouble, she sent me a bundle of red roses from her yard. Probably picked close to the spot where the rat was.

They sure are pretty. And they do smell nice.
Which does make a pregnant woman smile.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I'm with your neighbor. I hate any variety of mouse/rat/rodent. Dead or alive. And like you, I love roses. So there ya go.

julie said...

Terri,
When are you being induced? Can I do anything for you?

Pof5 said...

Has it happened? Where are you? I know you would've updated if you were home...right? You aren't there, are you? Why aren't you answering these questions as I type them? UGGHH!!