Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Gynos, Slings, and a Sucker Fish

It's a sad day when you look forward to a "six weeks" visit to the female doctor , simply because it means you can leave the house by yourself and be gone for almost 2 full hours. I didn't even mind the fact that I had to sit for an hour in the waiting room. I read an entire magazine, cover to cover, and learned a whole slew of interesting facts. And, not by my own choosing, overheard some extremely weird conversations going on behind me. It had a sort of soap opera quality to it, so it kept my attention, though I didn't necessarily want it to. Anyway, everything checked out just fine with the doctor, and I got home just in time for the "What's for dinner?" rush.

Sort of speaking of baby things, I have a new best friend. It's called the Baby Bjorn. My sweet friend loaned me hers, and I just LOVE it. Since our little guy prefers to be held - ALL THE TIME- I can put him in this little thing, and he thinks I am holding him. This makes him happy, allowing me to actually complete several tasks in a row. Amazing. How in the world did I survive three other newborns without it????

On a different note, I'm concerned about our sucker fish, Morris. He has been floating upside down at the top of the water. So we think he's dead, and go to get him out, and he starts swimming around. He also keeps positioning himself in a strange u-shape, appearing to be broken in half.
I'm by no means a fishery specialist, but I'm pretty sure he isn't supposed to do this. He has even been sticking his head out of the water. Which is not a good place if you are a fish. And given our fish history, with this type of behavior, he may not make it much longer. We'll see.

I'm off to sneak in a few quiet minutes in the recliner before the "big girls" return home. After Bible School they got to go play with friends, and at the moment, Miss Bittles is watching a Christmas movie with her eyes closed. So I have a small window of time to sit, which is a rare thing around here.

After a few minutes of relaxation, I think I will try out a new recipe for dinner that I learned from the magazine at my doctor's office.
The fun just never ends. :)

2 comments:

Deedra said...

I have a Baby Bjorn too, and I looooove it!! It makes Walmart and the grocery store do-able with a 2 yr and a 2 month old! (the day the clothes came off in walmart, I forgot it at home! ughhh!!) As for my 6 week visit back to the dr, I was sad. My Dr and his nurse are just the most awesome in the world, and after seeing them every 2 or 3 weeks for 9 months...I'm gonna miss them! I was so dreading hearing him say, I'll see you in a year, but i'm evidently having some "issues" in healing from my c section this time, so I will be going back sooner than I thought.

Ivymamma said...

The baby bjorn was the one thing I would spend the money on - hands down - or hand off if you will!!!

Glad you got some time to yourself. I went to the dentist last week and actually fell asleep while they were cleaning my teeth. The dentist said he'll come up with an excuse for me to come back next week so i can take a nap!