We went to the grocery store today.
Me. An 8 year old. A six year old. A three year old. And a six week old.
And you know what? There was no screaming. No begging. No hitting. No camera crews. No psycho ladies yelling at us. No pushing. No fits. No crying. No knocking over shelves.
And the kids behaved too.
It was almost boring.
I was pleasantly surprised at this miraculous event. Perhaps we'll do it again one day.
At least now I know that anything is possible.
4 comments:
LOL! I had to go back & read the Target stories. I'm so with you on the psycho lady thing...sounds like you experienced a real fruitloop there! (ha...there's that preschool teacher coming out in me...I called her a fruitloop!)
Seriously, I've mastered the art of grocery shopping with no begging, whining or crying. (and that's just from me...) Seriously, I figured out when my youngest was a baby that it was far too frustrating to attempt w/ children, so I adopted the late night shopping plan. You see, on the night I need to go grocery shopping, I tuck my precious younglings into bed & hand over the cuffs, err, authority to my husband. He stays home w/ the kids while I go to the store BY MYSELF! It's awesome b/c I can get in & out of the store in record time and I never have to hear anyone beg for an item...never have to pick up the box of cereal that someone's sibling piggyback ride knocked off the shelf...never have to apologize to other shoppers. I tell ya...it's heavenly!
Oh my. Do you realize what you've done? You've set the wheel in motion for your NEXT grocery shopping trip. By declaring this one a success, you have just opened the door for an all out, child screaming, banana throwing, baby pooping riot at the grocery store the next time you go. QUICK. TAKE IT ALL BACK! DELETE THE ENTRY!!! :-)
i love it! I always get some strange looks when I take all six to the grocery store. i like the shock value and usually the kids are well behaved. The key? They almost always go with me. It's not like I just started taking them when they turned 4 or somthing. They know there is no candy to be had at the end, they get to help pick some things and only occasionally do I end up with some stange can of beans in the cart. Way to go! Glad you are feeling confident to go out with all four! (Even if it takes a month to load them in the car!)
You. Are. My. Hero.
Post a Comment