
Today we sent the two oldest offspring back to school.
I didn't sleep at all last night.
I haven't cried one time since we've moved, but last night I was a blubbering mess. I missed my mom and wanted her to see my baby boy in his cute little flip flops. And I wanted her to see the girls new school "stuff." I was also extremely anxious about how everything would go today. Being in a brand new place, and not knowing anyone at our school, a mother tends to worry. And they do things a bit different here. I mean, they don't even have a drive through drop off/pick up line. (Nevermind that we plan to walk most days anyway, since we live across the street from the school and all. But still.)
Before and after school, the classes line up on a numbered dot on the playground and the parents swarm in and find their children. It seems a bit chaotic to me, but we'll see how it goes this afternoon. I'm just used to sitting in my air-conditioned SUV, listening to Taylor Swift while my children are brought out to me as I pull under the covered area.
Gone are the days.
Despite my nervousness, it went great this morning. They were all decked out in their new clothes, with their groovy backpacks and were so excited they could hardly stand it.
Once I stood them on their dots, waved goodbye and walked back home, I felt much better. Still a tad nervous, but better. So I decided to busy myself with unpacking those boxes that were still in the foyer and hanging pictures that had yet to find their spots on the wall.
Did I mention that they were pictures of the girls? As babies. Which sent me to the land of "Where has the time gone? - Just yesterday they were little like this and now they're so big......." Weep, weep, weep.
Lord help.
In one hour and 21 minutes, I will return to the dots and collect my little sweeties. And I will hear all about their first day and new friends and new teachers. And I will feel great.
Heck, I'll probably even send them back tomorrow.
1 comment:
I hope your babies were waiting anxiously for you on the dots. And let me tell ya...you didn't miss anything here. The traffic at Higgins was AWFULLLLLLLLL! yuck! Walking to/from school sounds awesome!
Post a Comment