Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Deep Thoughts With Miss Bittles

I had a living room picnic lunch with Miss Bittles today. We ate on TV trays so we could watch "Pinky Dinky Doo" while we munched. Pinky Dinky Doo was in her bedroom, talking to her baby brother, when Miss Bittles leaned over and started a conversation that went something like this:

Bittles: "Hey. Pinky lives in a hotel just like we did."

Me: "Ummm, Sweetie, we've never lived in a hotel."

Bittles: "Yes we did. The one where Grandmom lived with us. We DID live in that hotel."

Me: "We visited that hotel. We didn't live there."

Bittles: "Oh. I thought we did."

Me: " Nope."

Bittles : (without missing a beat) "Why did God make me a girl?"

Me: "Well, I guess he knew you'd be a good girl."

Bittles:" If I want to be a boy, can I tell God to make me a boy?"

Me: "No. He already made you a girl. So that's what you are. A sweet, beautiful girl."

Bittles: "Last night you didn't say I was sweet."

Me: " Oh yeah?"

Bittles: "Yes. You said I was acting ugly."

Me: " Well, you did act ugly when I asked you to pick up your toys. Remember?"

Bittles: " Moooooommmmm. Let's just watch the show."

Me: "ok"
As she continued watching Pinky, I began to imagine the tales she might share at church. Maybe something like, "Did you know that when we lived at a hotel, my mom said I was ugly?"
Causing yet another reason for counseling in our future.

3 comments:

Pof5 said...

Maybe Miss Bittles needs to be renamed Miss Demeanor II?? Hehee. Love it!

Liz said...

ROFL!!!!!! I love it!!!!

And might I ask, what is Pinky Dinky Doo? I don't guess I"ve heard of that one before.

Deedra said...

How funny! and with an adorable face like that one, don't you just know they believe everything she tells them at church?!