Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Achy Breaky Legs

Two children are asleep.
Two children are playing Barbies upstairs.
Which leaves me some free time to sit and type.
I need to sit because my leg muscles are aching from my new routine.
What routine? you ask.
It's called Boot Camp.
And it's as tough as it sounds.
Our local rec center offers it as a class, and a friend of mine asked me to take it with her. For some reason, I agreed. We basically pay people to torture us. And it started this morning, long before the sun even rose.
Muscle Man is our instructor. During his introduction to the class, he announced that he was trained in CPR, which I found comforting, since I was pretty sure I would pass out at some point during our time together.
We did push-ups.
We did lunges and "prison" squats.
We ran on the sidewalk.
We ran up and down stairs.
We used resistance bands.
We did exercises with sprints and fast foot movements that football players do. Oh yeah.
And I am proud to report that I kept up and remained conscious the entire time. It actually felt..............good.
I'm even going back tomorrow.
If I can move.

3 comments:

Pof5 said...

BOOT CAMP SOUNDS AWESOME! I'm jealous!! I wanna go to boot camp!!!

Fun With Five said...

I am so proud of you girl! That is awesome!!!! You are going to be one hot mamma come swim season!!! :)

Liz said...

I still think you're crazy. Not for going to boot camp (although that is pretty nutty), but for getting up at 4-5am to do it! :::yawn::: I figure, if 5am is the only time I have to exercise, I'm just gonna be fat forever. :)