Monday, February 9, 2009

Random Calling

I was sitting in church yesterday, listening to our choir rock out on their song, and it occurred to me that I didn't know one of the lady's names up there. I can't imagine why I haven't asked her name before. I should know it, since I talk to her every Sunday morning in the bathroom before the service begins.
That's the time I force all my girls to the restroom, I change a diaper, help Miss Bittles wash her hands, usually while she's crying about something, and then pass off my boy child so I can go myself, which keeps us in there for an extended period of time, giving me an opportunity to meet quite a few ladies. Usually we see the same ones every week. So, I've gotten to know a few that, if it weren't for the restroom stop, I'd probably not have come in contact with. Since that's about the only time I see them.
It made me realize that the restroom is really a great place to meet people.
And I wonder if any church has a restroom ministry. It would totally go over well in a ladies restroom. Not so sure about the men's, since I don't visit that side.
I think when I'm older, I might start one. Because right now, I can barely care for the ones I take in there myself.
But one day, I'll eye out those ladies who have multiple children with them, and help them out. I'll change a diaper, and hold a baby so the momma can go. I'll hold little people up to the sink and help them wash their hands. I'll open the door, so people don't have to touch the door handle after washing their hands. (or maybe that's just my OCD). I'll offer nice fragrant lotion, and a piece of gum or a mint.
And people will appreciate my calling when nature calls them.

3 comments:

Matt and Meredith said...

That is so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would sooooooo appreciate that ministry as well!

Fun With Five said...

Will you make sure you and I are at the same church when you start this up??? :) Well, I guess by then I'll be out of the "going to the bathroom with 3 other people phase"...so maybe I can be your associate minister!

Amanda said...

If you point out your bathroom- attending, choir-singing, mystery-lady, I may be able to tell you her name :)