Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Moment

We decided that In-N-Out would cook our dinner tonight. It was a good decision, if I may say so.
My hubby asked me if I'd rather go pick it up, or stay with the kids and do the bathtime circus.

I think I grabbed my keys and headed out the door before he finished asking the question.

I MAY have needed some time to myself.

Or perhaps I was avoiding bathtime.

Anyway, I enjoyed my little outing, and the time alone, which doesn't happen very often around here.

On the way home, with the smell of onions and fries wafting through my car, I was chatting with God about some things, and singing my lungs out to the Passion CD.

Just as I was about to turn onto the road to my house, the song "How Great is our God" began to play. I love that song.

Right at I sang "The splendor of the King.......clothed in majesty....." I looked in my rearview mirror to catch a glimpse of this......

And it was one of those moments that I felt God's presence in a mighty way.

Just in my car.

Singing to my God.

Enjoying his creation.

And it was awesome.

6 comments:

Fun With Five said...

Wow. Beautiful!!!

Liz said...

Awesome!! Isn't it neat how He coordinates even the little details?

Jenn said...

God is great like that!!! Loved that story!! Thanks for sharing with blogland!!!

Jennifer said...

That is a gorgeous picture of how Mighty our God is! Thank you for sharing.

Pof5 said...

Seriously. Seriously Awesome.
(In a pale-by-comparison contradiction, do you think I'll ever get to eat at an In/Out...I really feel like my life is missing that.)

Audra said...

I Love those moments, when He is so Big and Present! Truly no other feeling like it. He is Mighty and Awesome!