Saturday, April 4, 2009

In Plain Sight

We had some friends over for dinner tonight. They are new friends to us, and it was nice to get acquainted. They are a fun couple.
As we ended our evening, we walked them out to their car. I was chatting and happened to look up at a window on the front of our house.
The window of the bedroom belonging to me and my hubby.
The lamp was on and I could see clear across the room.
The weird thing about that is the blinds were closed.
CLOSED.
Oh yes they were.
They were closed tight, and you could see INSIDE our bedroom.
How could we have lived here for 8 months and not noticed this?
A world of thoughts whizzed through my mind, at the horrifying realization that my neighbors were able to see in my room when I thought the blinds were closed.
Lord have mercy.
My hubby discovered that if you close the blinds the opposite way, the line of vision is much smaller. So, we've done that. In my state of panic, I just can't remember how I usually close them.
We'll definitely have to move now.
Maybe tomorrow.

4 comments:

Liz said...

You know, I've noticed that before at our house, too. Scary to wonder about what all someone might've driven by & seen! yikes!!

Amy said...

Oh. My. Word.
... but hey, it's Vegas, right?
(JUST KIDDING!)

Matt and Meredith said...

That is sooooooo funny. Almost as funny as when I sent a personal email to Matt to the ENTIRE school district when I wasn't familiar with email way back when. It was a very sappy letter to him when I was desperate after we broke up while dating. SOOOOOOOOO embarassing. I was informed of what had happened when someone from the personel office emailed me. Thankfully she was able to delete it from everyone's email somehow before everyone read it! But, yeah, your's almost takes the cake too. : )

Deedra said...

Oh. My. Goodness.