Where shall I begin? I think I'll start with Miss Bittles, who has been through quite a few changes lately. One of which involves a slight change in her appearance after a bizarre accident at church one night. Just as we were leaving, she took off running after her sister, and instead of running out the door, she fell and her head went right into the door. Extremely hard. Hard enough, in fact, that it split her little head right open, sending us straight to the ER, and leaving there 4 hours later with 14 stitches. I seriously still have flashbacks from seeing her stand up crying with that gash on her forehead. It was very traumatic for us all.
When we were in the ER, we asked her to think of a prize she'd like to get for being so brave. Without hesitation, she said. "I want those yellow shoes from Old Navy." And so she got them, and has worn them proudly ever since. Here she is with her fancy band-aids and her bravery shoes....
She's tough though, and handled it all much better than I did. I went through a very strange hovering phase, where I was completely paranoid and felt the need to protect her every move. I think I was beginning to drive her a little nuts. But the stitches came out just fine, and the scar just over her eyebrow is healing well and hardly noticeable.Not long after the stitches incident, Miss Priss turned nine. How did that happen? She seems so grown up. Some days. Other days, not so much. She wanted a bike for her birthday. And a few days after she got it, she had taught herself AND her sister how to ride. Without any parental help at all. So the oldest two children are "training wheel free" finally, and it's been really fun to watch them ride.

Miss Demeanor had field day at her school. I was signed up to work in one of the stations, and the day before, she informed me that she really would rather her Dad work instead of me. Alrighty then. So he did. Field Days are fun. And hot. Fortunately they served overpriced snowcones for the whole family.
And last week, shortly after the nine year old birthday, Little Guy turned one. I can't even believe how fast this last year has gone. ONE. My BABY BOY.
He's starting to mimic words and is moving all over the place. And just this last week, he has developed a temper that is not really that nice. It involves a high pitched scream when things don't go exactly his way. Or when you aren't shoveling his food into his mouth fast enough. Which, by the way, could be taken care of, if he would ever pick up his own food and eat it by himself. (sigh)
Sometime in between all those events, we got to tag along to my hubby's conference. In Southern California, where I have decided I was meant to live. One day. It was beautiful and so much fun. This is the beach at Corona Del Mar. GORGEOUS.
We are so ready for school to be over and be free for a while. And ready to go to the Lone Star State and visit our family and friends who we miss terribly. The countdown on those two events has already begun.Ok. That pretty much brings us up to speed.
More craziness later, I'm sure. For now, I'm going to head downstairs and see exactly why it's so quiet with all three girls in the living room. I'm a little scared.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're back, I've missed your posts!!!
Post a Comment