I don't know if I've ever mentioned it on here or not, but at our house we are HUGE fans of the lovely Taylor Swift. HUGE fans. We LUV her. And know all of her songs. And listen to them at massive decibel strength in the vehicle. And in the kitchen.
A VERY SWEET relative of one of our friends hooked us up this weekend with tickets to the Fearless Tour.
We didn't know until the night before that we were getting to go. So, Saturday morning, we told the girls.
There was much screaming, followed by comments that only drama queens could invent, such as "OH MY GOSH! TONIGHT WE WILL BE BREATHING THE SAME AIR AS TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!!"
They were just a little excited.
Oh - did I mention the tickets were FREE??!?!?!?!
And they were BOX SEATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Box seats, which, I might add, had a couch, refreshments, comfy chairs, with a table-like ledge for our snacks and drinks, and even (drumroll please).........our own bathroom.
I've never gotten to enjoy a concert in these fabulous conditions, so it was all new to me. And now, well, I'm just not sure I could ever go back to the plain old regular seating. I'm so serious.
Anyway, the evening began with a new group that called themselves Gloriana. They had lots of energy and a cool sound, I thought.
Then, Kellie Pickler. I've liked her since I watched her life story during her American Idol days, and am curious to see how her music career will go. Her song "I Wonder" crushes me every time I hear it, but I love it anyway.
And then, Taylor Swift.
I think it may have been the best concert I have ever seen. Little Miss Swift really knows how to put on a fun show. It helps that she has a great personality, is very animated in her performing, and "acted out" every one of her songs. She seems genuinely grateful for her fans. At one point, she appeared at the back of the arena and walked through the crowds, hugging people, giving away the bracelets from her arm, and even taking self portraits with several cameras she passed by!
To add to the excitement, one of Miss D's best buddies from school showed up. In our box. Right beside us. What are the odds of that happening? There were only 12,000 people there, and we ended up in the same box????? Weird.
I'm so glad we got to go. It was a great night packed with fun memories that we will never forget.
2 comments:
Oh I am so jealous! Sounds like a great time!!!!:)
Pictures??
Post a Comment