He cracks me up with his silly expressions and the way he makes such good eye contact. He studies everything.
I watched him push his truck around the room, making all sorts of truckish noises, and noted how differently he plays than his sisters did at his age. He plays like a boy. And then I watched him pull all of his sister's shorts out of her drawer. And put them back in. Several times. Dumping and filling is so much fun.
As he played, I began to wonder what his childhood will be like, growing up with three older sisters who A.D.O.R.E. him.
Yes, they adore him, and also on occasion, when I'm not watching, they dress him up in fancy girl clothes. I'm starting to have my suspicions that they have random outfits set aside, waiting on me to step out of the room so they can play dress up. I'm just hoping it does not scar him later in life.

They have also taught him to do make all sorts of strange noises. One of which we call "goat boy." He copies his sister whenever she does it, making us all laugh. Here he is in the car, entertaining us on our roadtrip.
I also began to wonder today if he will ever learn to do anything for himself. Things like walking. And now that I think about it, it's not so much learning to do it, but choosing to do it.
He's 15 months old and is not walking. He is able to walk. He has nice, strong, weight bearing legs that are able to move in a back-and-forth motion. But he prefers to be carried.
He's 15 months old and is not walking. He is able to walk. He has nice, strong, weight bearing legs that are able to move in a back-and-forth motion. But he prefers to be carried.
And don't think we haven't tried all the bribery to make the child walk. It's not working.
It seems as though he learns new tricks every day. His most recent one, which unfortunately for me gets a lot of laughs from his sisters, is displayed while he climbs on top of the Barbie limousine. It's not really a safe spot for him, so I always tell him to get down. He used to get down on command. Now he waves and tells me "Bye Bye" instead of obeying. Not good.
But I am happy to report that his "Bye Bye" comes with a strong Texas accent that we are so proud of.

He really is such a joy and I love the special place he has in our family.
6 comments:
Aren't little boys fun?! With 2 girls & 1 boy over here, it's funny to see how HUGE the differences are no matter what I do or don't do. That whole nature vs. nurture argument goes right in the garbage can when a 2 year old who's never before seen a gun (toy or not) chews his sandwich into the shape of a gun, points it & says "boom"....or when he picks up a toy car & make the "vroom" sound as he drives it across the floor. God hardwires us so well, doesn't He?
That is the cutest thing!!! That noise is hysterical! I love that baby boy.
He is ADORABLE!! That noise is too funny! As for the walking thing, I'm feeling your pain. Lilah is 16 months old...can walk...but is rarely in the MOOD to walk. I have tried all sorts of cheering & bribery, but she's having none of it.
That is the cutest thing ever! I Love reading about your family. I hope ya'll are adjusting well to school.
Talk to you soon.
Audra
Hey Terri! My observation about little boys is that they are very much like the men in our lives. If they can get you to do it for them, they will. And I'm seriously not kidding about it. With everything my boys learned to do, they would keep it a secret from me that they could do it. I would find out from Johan that they could do something new, because they hid it from me. We've had many laughs over that. They knew Mom would do it for them. I'm not trying to be down on men, but it's one of the ways they feel loved...us doing stuff for them.
Ok ladybug, it's time to update the blog with pictures of all your sweet little costumed babies!
Post a Comment